Saturday, June 12, 2010

South Dakota

We are in the Badlands today.















This is the campsite we chose when we drove in about 9:30pm last night.  The skies looked threatening, so we decided not to put out the canvas ends.  Doug and I slept on the folded down table and Ben slept on the floor.  Not bad, but not good either. I woke up in the middle of the night with a slight panic attack. Climbed over Doug, and sat on the floor.  I don't like being scrunched up next to a wall, and I didn't like not being able to stretch out. Our table bed was only about 5' long and about 3' wide.















Doug and Ben went exploring while Cooper and I stayed on the designated paths.  Dogs are not welcome in Badlands National Park, except on paved roads and sidewalks.















We drove to Custer State Park later in the day.  Upon entering the park we saw our first Bison.  So Doug suggested I roll down my window to get a better picture.















This is the "better" picture I got.  At the precise moment of opening my window, Cooper saw the Bison and started to bark.  Scared me half to death, and this is the photo I ended up taking. Impressive isn't it :)















We drove through part of the Needles Highway.















Played Yahtzee before bed.  Not to brag or anything, but I rolled three Yahtzees in one game! It'll never happen again :) But it sure was a good game.















Our campsite at the Center Lake Campground in Custer.

No comments:

Post a Comment